2020 Flu Shot Clinics
With flu season on its way, there is no better time than the present to get your flu shot! To protect yourself and your family, please book an appointment to get vaccinated.
You can receive a flu shot from the following locations:
1. Community pharmacies
• Both regular and a limited supply of high dose flu shots will be available.
• Your pharmacist should let you know which type of flu shot you are receiving.
• They should also notify us that you were given a flu shot.
2. Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health Flu Shot Clinic
• Both regular and high dose flu vaccine should be available.
• Please use the following link to access the Public Health On Line booking portal.
3. Flu Shot Clinics at Arbour Family Medical Centre
• The most important thing you can do to protect yourself, your loved ones, and the general population from the flu is to get vaccinated!
• Flu shots are subject to supply availability from Public Health. At times, appointments will need to be rebooked due to shortage in supply. As per Public Health, intranasal flu vaccine (FluMist) is not publicly funded in Canada this year and is not available. FluMist may be available to purchase at some pharmacies.
Please Note: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, All Patients Must Book An Appointment For A Flu Shot. At this time, we are only able to provide flu shots to patients of Arbour Family Medical Centre. Do NOT walk in to the office to book an appointment, we prefer you use the online booking tool below.
2020 Flu Shot Information
- Starting October 19th through October 30th, appointments are reserved for those considered high risk, as per Public Health. This includes those patients over 65, or those with underlying chronic health conditions.
- Please arrive at the exact time of your appointment, as we cannot accommodate patients in our waiting room due to physical distancing requirements.
- Please wear a short sleeve t-shirt that is easily accessible for the immunization.
- Masks Are Required At All Times In Our Facility.
- You will get an email reminder or telephone call prior to your appointment, which will include COVID-19 screening.
- For the safety of our staff and patients, Do Not Attend your appointment if you have symptoms of COVID-19, or have been a close contact of a patient with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have children, or wish to book a family appointment, please call our office after October 26th.
- If you have an appointment booked with your doctor, please ask them for a flu shot during that appointment. No need to book another appointment.
- If you have already received a regular flu shot this year, you will not be eligible for the High-Dose version.
- A valid Health Card must be presented.
Questions about our flu shot clinic? Get in touch!
About The Flu
Influenza (commonly known as the flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by flu viruses.
It can cause mild to severe illnesses, and in some cases can lead to death. Between 10-20% of Ontarians get the flu each year.
The flu typically comes on suddenly, with some or all of the following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Fever (or feeling feverish/chills)
- Achy muscles
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
Proud Partners of the Guelph Family Health Team.
Arbour Family Medical Centre offers comprehensive health care services for the whole family.