Patient Rights and Responsibilities
We wish to promote an environment of open communication, collaboration and mutual respect. To that end, it is important that you understand your rights and responsibilities to the extent protected by law.
You have a RIGHT to:
- Receive quality care in a timely fashion.
- Be treated with courtesy and respect.
- Be informed about your health problems, and understand the risks and benefits of any treatment or decision about your care.
- Participate in making treatment decisions, including the refusal of care.
- Obtain or view a copy of your medical records.
- Request a second opinion.
- Privacy and confidentiality of your health care information.
- Be advised in advance of fees not covered by OHIP that you are responsible for paying.
- Ask questions and express concerns.
- Be an active participant in your care.
- Treat others with courtesy and respect.
- Be honest with your healthcare provider and give accurate information about your medical history and treatments.
- Maintain healthy habits to the best of your ability.
- Comply with treatment plans as best you can, and communicate any concerns with your provider.
- Notify our office with at least 24 hours notice if you must cancel an appointment.
- Present yourself with a valid health card.
- Understand and be responsible for all expenses not covered by OHIP
If you have any questions about the above, a member of our office would be happy to assist you.
Proud Partners of the Guelph Family Health Team.
Arbour Family Medical Centre offers comprehensive health care services for the whole family.