2023 Flu & COVID Shot Clinics
With flu season on its way, there is no better time than the present to get your flu shot! To protect yourself and your family, please book an appointment to get vaccinated.
We are also offering the opportunity to get the latest COVID-19 vaccination at the same time as your flu shot!
You can receive a flu or COVID vaccine shot from the following locations:
1. Community pharmacies
• Both regular and a limited supply of high dose flu shots will be available.
• Your pharmacist should let you know which type of flu shot you are receiving.
• They should also notify us by fax that you were given a flu shot, at 519-827-0255
2. Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health Flu Shot Clinic
• Both regular and high dose flu vaccine should be available. Also offering COVID-19 and RSV vaccinations.
• Please use the following link to access the Public Health On Line booking portal.
3. Flu & COVID Shot Clinics at Arbour Family Medical Centre
• The most important thing you can do to protect yourself, your loved ones, and the general population from the flu and COVID-19 is to get vaccinated!
• Flu and COVID vaccine shots are subject to supply availability from Public Health. At this time, we do NOT have any high dose flu vaccine in the office. At times, appointments will need to be rebooked due to shortage in supply. As per Public Health, intranasal flu vaccine (FluMist) is not publicly funded in Canada this year and is not available. FluMist may be available to purchase at some pharmacies.
If you have already received a flu shot elsewhere, please let your doctor know by clicking Update Your Doctor at the top of this page
Please Note: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, All Patients Must Book An Appointment For A Flu Shot. At this time, we are only able to provide flu shots to patients of Arbour Family Medical Centre. We prefer you use the online booking tool below.
2023 Flu & COVID Shot Information
- Starting October 17th, appointments are reserved for those considered high risk, as per Public Health. This includes those patients over 65, or those with underlying chronic health conditions.
- If you have children, or wish to book a family appointment, please check back after October 31st.
- Please arrive at the exact time of your appointment, as we cannot accommodate patients in our waiting room.
- Please wear a short sleeve t-shirt that is easily accessible for the immunizations.
- Masks Are Optional In Our Facility.
- When you book online, you will get an email reminder prior to your appointment.
- For the safety of our staff and patients, Do Not Attend your appointment if you have symptoms of COVID-19, or have been a close contact of a patient with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have already received a regular flu shot this year, you will not be eligible for the High-Dose version.
- A valid Health Card must be presented.
Questions about our flu shot clinic? Get in touch!
About The Flu
Influenza (commonly known as the flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by flu viruses.
It can cause mild to severe illnesses, and in some cases can lead to death. Between 10-20% of Ontarians get the flu each year.
The flu typically comes on suddenly, with some or all of the following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Fever (or feeling feverish/chills)
- Achy muscles
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
Proud Partners of the Guelph Family Health Team.
Arbour Family Medical Centre offers comprehensive health care services for the whole family.